Our Molded expanded polystyrene foam boxes are commonly usedfor shipping temperature-sensitive products ranging from highly valuable clinical lab specimens to perishable herbs and frozen seafood products. Economical, durable, lightweight, and CFC free, suitable for domestic and high volume shipments.
The thermal insulating properties of EPS foam coolers keep food fresh and prevent condensation.
EPS insulating shippers remain unaffected by moisture or heat.
EPS cooler boxes are 98% air and it is one of the lightest packaging materials.
Packaging is customized to fit the smallest component or the largest fridge-freezer. The latest computer design techniques ensure that packaging is kept to a minimum yet is 100% fit-for purpose. These outstanding qualities make EPS a versatile material not only used for packaging of the most variety of products but also for other applications from a bicycle helmet to a surfing board.
EPS Packaging Environmental Facts:
In recent years environmental awareness has increased in all sectors of industry. If we consider the behavior patterns of modern consumer society, there are those who consider that packaging in general has a negative effect on the environment. Sometimes plastics are targeted as the direct cause of certain perceived problems. The facts, however, are complex.
- EPS is technically recyclable but is not practically recycled anywhere meaningfully. #6 labeling is misleading at best, catastrophic at worst.
- EPS is composed almost entirely of air (98%), thus reducing the resources usage.
- EPS uses pentane, a natural gas, as blowing agent. CFCs, HFCs, and other chlorine derivates have never been used.
- As a completely inert material, EPS is safe for food contact as well as for waste disposal.
The negative effects of EPS are too severe to ignore.
- There is no successful curbside collection of this material being recycled in the United States. Efforts to do so have continuously failed due to the costs of transporting such a low-density material to the densification facilites.
- While being transported in garbage trucks, the beads of broken EPS coolers escape into the environment and perpetually pollute.
- Once in landfill, the EPS does not compress like other trash and takes up disproportionate space.
Why Do We Sell It?
There are still situations where EPS is the best solution for insulated needs where the likelyhood of environmental damage is minimal and the economics are strict. Our hope is that you will learn how to best make this decision for your organization and see the tremendous value in our truthfully recyclable options.